Pages

Monday 5 January 2015

A Photo a Day | Irish Sea Dip in January | Week 1

I treated myself to a new camera for Christmas so it only seemed right to complete the photo a day for a year challenge!

My Brother ready to run in for the last dip of the day.
New Years Day saw me complete not one, not two but FOUR New Years Day Dips. It wasn't just me that was crazy enough to do this, it was the first event of the year for Ellan Vannin Scout Network. The task in hand was rather chilly but the warming broth we had half way through helped us regain a bit of temperature just in time for us to run back into the massive waves that crashed onto the beaches that day. I am so proud of all of Ellan Vannin Scout Network that completed the dip, a great challenge to start the New Year.

Castletown Harbour
As it was the last Friday of our Christmas break my Dad, brother and I joined a family friend for a few drinks in the afternoon. I took this photo whilst walking between some of the pubs in Castletown, and yes, as the name suggests, that is a castle in the background! It was lovely to have a chance to relax for a few hours before normal life resumes on Monday, and what a lovely pace to do it in.

A warming campfire on a winters night
Saturday saw me embark on a hike with fellow Manx Scout Leaders and members of Scout Network. It was a lovely hike through the hills and we finished the day off by setting up camp and having some nice food and  a campfire. For me an evening by the campfire with friends is one of the best ways to spend an evening, with the fire taking away the chill of the evening you are left to laugh and joke in it's glow.

A Manx dry stone wall

Between getting back from camping the night before and getting ready for going back to work the next day, Sunday gave me just enough time to get out for a nice walk with my Mum and dog, Harry. There is nothing worse than being trapped inside all day, I need some fresh air to get my day going in the right direction. I actually find that I am a lot more productive when I do.

Well I think this week has set a high standard for the rest of the year, if they are all as good as this then it will be a pretty good year!


No comments:

Post a Comment