Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Star Gazing | 30 Days of Summer | Day 28

Good Morning!

Today's Challenge is:

Source
Star Gazing


If you are new to my 30 days of summer challenge click here to find out what it is!

Sitting and looking up at the nights sky is magical. Looking out at the distance galaxies, imagining what could be within them or just simply marveling at the beauty of it. 

Space fascinates me and it always has. Did you know that when you look out into the nights sky you are looking into the past? Some of the stars and galaxies are so distant that the light you can see in the night sky is from thousands upon thousands of years ago, that star may be dead by now!

What about the constellations? They are really impressive when you spot them. I will never forget going on holiday to France with my friend and her uncle pointing out constellations in the night sky whilst we walked around the lanes, is there a more perfect way to spend an evening?

Why don't you get outside on a clear night and see what you can see? It is best to go somewhere with less light pollution if you can, somewhere out of a city if possible. If you are lucky enough to live somewhere like the highlands of Scotland, far from any cities, you will see some seriously breath taking skies!

 I hope you have fun with today's challenge, if you want to make sure you see tomorrows challenge be sure follow my blog and follow me on twitter too. Also make sure you record all the exciting things you do this summer, take lots of photos and keep your own blog, and please send me a link to it so I can see what you are up to, I would really really love that! 

Bye, see you tomorrow!
xx


2 comments:

  1. We see an abundance of stars where I live and the fact that we're looking into the past really fascinates me. I'm really enjoying your challenge posts, I wish it wasn't coming to an end so soon :(

    http://ditsysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! I am luck enough to live away from too much light pollution, we even have an observatory just up the road from us.
      I am so glad you are enjoying them! Have you been looking at the earlier ones I put out? You could always back track and do those too, it is never too late! I will keep blogging afterward of course, I have quite a few things planned. Getting out and doing things is a big part of me so I am sure it will still be a big part of my blog.
      I hope you enjoy the last couple of days. xx

      Delete