Pages

Friday 15 August 2014

History | 30 Days of Summer | Day 20

Good Morning!

Today's Challenge is:


Visit somewhere of historical importance!

If you are new to my 30 days of summer challenge click here to find out what it is!

History not only tells us about what happened in the past but it also helps to explain the way we live today. It is all around us, it can be beautiful but it can also hide some awful secrets. It is finding out what is hidden in the past that can be most excited.


History isn't just what happened thousands of years ago, history is also what happened in our parents life time or even our lifetimes!


Recently I visited the Laxey Wheel, which is the worlds largest working water wheel! It was built to pump water out of the mines nearby allowing them to mine deeper. Whilst visiting the Laxey Wheel there was also the option to have a look down the mines for which we had to wear hard hats, it was a good job though because I hit my head a lot!


What history can you find in your area? Maybe you will find out something completely new about your local area, just from its history.


 I hope you have fun with today's challenge, if you want to make sure you see tomorrows challenge be sure follow my blog and follow me on twitter too. Also make sure you record all the exciting things you do this summer, take lots of photos and keep your own blog, and please send me a link to it so I can see what you are up to, I would really really love that! 

Bye, see you next week!

xx




No comments:

Post a Comment