Pages

Friday 1 August 2014

Got to a fete or a fair | 30 Days of Summer | Day 10

Good Morning!

Today's Challenge is:


Visit a Fete or a Fair!


If you are new to my 30 days of summer challenge click here to find out what it is!

Being the summer season fetes and fairs are common place around me at the moment, so there are lots of opportunities to go to one. Big community events are really exciting, there are lots of stalls, games and shows to go and see and they are often very cheap or even free. 



I went to a celebration known as Tynwald Day. Here on the Isle of Man we have our own government separate from that of the UK and every year on the 5th July (or closest weekday) the politicians all meet and read out the laws that have been passed in that last year. They all sit on that big hill in the picture above. I guess it may sound like quite a weird event if you haven't heard of it before! To us locals it is often known as just "the fair" because there is also lots of stalls and shows to see!

What kind of fairs or fetes do you have in your area? Do you have any unusual traditions? I would love to hear about the ones near you!

 I hope you have fun with today's challenge, if you want to make sure you see tomorrows challenge be sure follow my blog and follow me on twitter too. Also make sure you record all the exciting things you do this summer, take lots of photos and keep your own blog, and please send me a link to it so I can see what you are up to, I would really really love that! 

Bye, see you next week!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment