Pages

Thursday 28 August 2014

Fun in the Sand | 30 Days of Summer | Day 29

Good Morning!

Today's Challenge is:


Play in Sand


If you are new to my 30 days of summer challenge click here to find out what it is!

It may sound childish but I think you can have fun with sand no mater what your age. You don't have to just make a sand castle like when you were little either (although that is still most defiantly allowed!), how about making a sculpture or even burying someone!


In the photo above we were actually recreating a two-dimensional map in sand. We were using it to help young people learn what symbols and lines on maps mean and it is a fantastic tool. We then went on to make a sculpture of the Isle of Man out of sand! The sand made learning about maps much more fun and helped them learn in a practical way.

Of course you don't need to learn anything while your there, it was just part of the game for us. Just get down to your local park or beach and do something with sand! I once spend an entire day at the beach sculpting a seal out of sand with my cousin, we were so proud of the results.

 I hope you have fun with today's challenge, if you want to make sure you see tomorrows challenge be sure follow my blog and follow me on twitter too. Also make sure you record all the exciting things you do this summer, take lots of photos and keep your own blog, and please send me a link to it so I can see what you are up to, I would really really love that! 

Bye, see you tomorrow!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment