Pages

Monday 4 August 2014

Camping | 30 days of Summer | Day 11

Good Morning!

Today’s challenge is:

Camping!

Do you see a theme developing here? I have been part of the Scout movement for 10 years so I think my love of the outdoors will show through in these challenges and I would love to inspire others in the process!

The number of nights I have spent under canvas must be in triple figures by now so I guess you can consider me experienced at it, but it really isn't challenging. I would recommend if it your first time camping wait for reasonable weather though.

Sleeping under canvas is great fun, it gets you back to nature. Fresh air and friends is all you need for a great camping experience! Okay, a tent might me useful too I guess...

If you are just going to have a go at camping for one night please don't spend a fortune on it, you really don't need to and trying it out will help you realise what you do and don't need to buy if you think it is a hobby you want to take up! Why not speak to friend or family to see if they have some kit you can borrow?



These days you can get tents really cheaply which are perfectly fine for summer camping (they probably wont with stand storms or lots of wind though!) and you can even hire them and they will even put them up for you. Saying that I find putting up tents is part of the fun for me, it isn't as difficult as people make out and they often have instructions.

These no need to go expedition style camping if you don't want to, although that is great fun, a lot of my nights in tents have been spent like this! Take a pillow for a comfy nights sleep or even a airbed if want real luxury! 

Even if you just do it in your back garden it will still be awesome!

My favourite way to spend a camping trip is combining it with a long walk then returning to your tent in time to cook yourself some tasty grub.

I hope you have fun with today's challenge, if you want to make sure you see tomorrows challenge be sure follow my blog and follow me on twitter too. Also make sure you record all the exciting things you do this summer, take lots of photos and keep your own blog, and please send me a link to it so I can see what you are up to, I would really really really love that! 

Bye, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment