Pages

Monday 28 July 2014

Campfire | 30 Days of Summer | Day 6

Good Morning!

Today's Challenge is:


Have a Campfire!

If you are new to my 30 days of summer challenge click here to find out what it is!

This is a brilliant activity for the evening, get friends and family round, sing songs, tell stories and roast marshmallows. It is a great social event that gets people together and (yet again :D) into the great outdoors.

One of the best bits about a campfire for me has to be the marshmallows! All you do is put the marshmallow on a stick and put it over the heat of the fire, then it melts and goes gooey and yummy. To add extra yumminess put the melted marshmallow between two biscuits!



You can't have a campfire with out songs and stories (well you can but its more fun that way!). I learnt quite a few different songs during my time as a Brownie Guide and as a Scout and they are always great fun to sing round a campfire. Remember the book "We're Going on a Bear Hunt"? Well that is a good one round the campfire whatever your age, specially if you get involved with the actions. If you want some suggestions of songs to sing take a look at this website it seems to have some very good songs on it, a lot of which I use.



The campfire in these pictures, I will admit, it quite a big one! We made it following a BBQ during a Scout Network meeting and being at a scout campsite we were able to have a big fire but remember to be safe when you chose the size and location for your fire. If you are a young person or inexperienced at making fires it may be worth to get some help. Also be warned it will damage grass so if you don't have a suitable area you can use then how about just lighting a BBQ they work just as well!


 I hope you have fun with today's challenge, if you want to make sure you see tomorrows challenge be sure follow my blog and follow me on twitter too. Also make sure you record all the exciting things you do this summer, take lots of photos and keep your own blog, and please send me a link to it so I can see what you are up to, I would really really love that! 

Bye, see you tomorrow!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment