Pages

Wednesday 4 December 2013

STUDENT LIFE: It's Christmas!

IT'S CHRISTMAS!!

Now that it’s December it is officially acceptable to be excited about Christmas. I admit, I have been excited about it since the start of November but it is now acceptable to do so in PUBLIC! :P

So on the 1st December I decided to get into the Christmas spirit and put up the decorations and make some mince pies, two things that as essential at this time of year. As I am a student and therefore don’t have a big budget and wont be here to enjoy it for very long, I kept it very simple but I am very happy with the results.

Before I go on I must inform you that Christmas music is compulsory for these activities!

We had a Christmas tree from last year so that saved me a lot of money, last year I had housemates that were keen to join in, but this year only one wanted to be involved L. We also had lights from last year so I simply bought some tinsel and some baubles.

I got the tinsel from Tesco for 55p for FOUR METRES
which I thought was a bargain!
And the baubles were from the same place for £1.50. You have to be careful because a lot of packs of baubles don’t come with the string to hang them from so you have to buy it separately but these one came with them attached with saved time and money.

To decorate the rest of the room I reverted back to my childhood with snowflakes and paper chains. My housemate who was helping me had never made either of them before so it was nice to show her things that I had done so much as a child.

For the snowflakes I bought a pad of plan paper for 80p from Wilkinson’s and there is still most of the pad left. To make them you simply cut the paper into a square and fold it along the diagonals 3 times. Then you can cut any shapes you want into the paper as long as you don’t cut all the way down the folded edges. Then when you unfold the paper you get a beautiful snow flake! 



For the paper chain I got a pad of coloured paper from the same place for 80p and again there is still a lot left. To make a paper chain just cut the paper into strips and glue the ends to make a loop intertwining the next loop with the previous one. Then hang it on the wall, simple.

I finished of the festivities by making some mince pies. The fact my housemates managed to eat all twelve in less that 24 hours tells me they must have tasted ok!

Hope you are getting into the Christmas spirit too. I would love to hear about your Christmas traditions!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment